Department of Materials Science & Engineering, and Institute of Materials Science
University of Connecticut
97 North Eagleville Rd.
Storrs, CT 06269-3136
Phone: (860) 486-5252
Fax: (860) 486-4745
My Google Scholar citations profile
Education and Training:
|Department of Physics, St-Petersburg State University, St-Petersburg, Russia||B.S. 1994|
|Department of Physics, St-Petersburg State University, St-Petersburg, Russia||M.Sc. 1996|
|Department of Physics & Astronomy, Ohio University, Athens, OH||Ph.D. 2001|
|Department of Physics, NC State University (Postdoc 1)||2001 − 2004|
|Department of Physics, Rutgers, the State University of NJ (Postdoc 2)||2004 − 2006|
|2006 − 12/2012||Materials Science Division, Argonne National Laboratory||Staff Scientist|
|01/2013 − …||Department of Materials Science & Engineering, and Institute of Materials Science, University of Connecticut||Associate Professor|
|2015 − …||Department of Physics, University of Connecticut||Joint Appointment|
Recent synergistic activities:
- Organizer of the Materials Science section for the 2017 Connecticut Science Olympiad Tournament.
- Mesoscale phenomena in complex oxides symposium organizer, IC4N meeting, Porto Heli, Greece, June 2016.
- Multiple symposia co-organizer for the ACerS Electronic Materials and Applications (EMA) series of meetings (2014-2018).
- Emergent Properties of Polar Interfaces and Nanostructures symposium organizer, International Materials Research Congress, Cancun, Mexico, August 2013.
- Chief organizer and session chair, Workshop on Fundamental Physics of Ferroelectrics and Related Materials at Argonne National Laboratory, Jan-Feb 2012.
- Co-organizer of the Argonne Physical Sciences and Engineering directorate visit to the Thomas Young Centre for theory and simulation of materials, London UK, August 2011.
- First principles calculations of polarization and phonons in ferroelectric materials with Quantum Espresso tutorial, International Symposium on Integrated Functionalities, San Juan PR, June 2010.
I am a competitive plastic armor modeler, a member of the [national] Armor Modeling and Preservation Society (AMPS), and a member of the CT (NMMA) and Chicagoland AMPS Chapters, the latter one – at large. I am also an AMPS-certified judge and table captain, and a member of the AMPS Review Crew. Check out my reviews at the AMPS website and my model builds at my personal workbench [always under heavy construction].
I have had some involvement in practicing various martial arts throughout my life. Currently I am a member of the UConn JKA karate club.